For those of you who aren’t familiar with #AskAwayFriday it’s an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday…the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
Our co-hosts for the month of November have been amazing! We are sad to see them go but they are always awesome with their weekly #AskAwayFriday contributions and we look forward to seeing their posts in December!
Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing! She’s been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it’s been around I believe, which is pretty impressive! She’s become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I’m super excited she’s moving to the East Coast!
Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we’ve really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!
And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt’s Family…she’s a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she’s become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday! She’s always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!
Okay, now that we’ve met everyone I’m going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK. Enter into the Holiday Nail Polish GIVEAWAY!!! There are 3 prizes (so 3 times the chances to win!) and they are all awesome!
This week I have the pleasure of swapping questions with Lanaya from Raising Reagan. I had the pleasure of meeting her through Ask Away Friday and she is such a nice person. I would also consider a fantastic “mixologist”… If you want to know go check her out.
1.What’s in the Pink Bag of Swag … I need to see it!
My Pink Bag of Swag came about when I had too much stuff to carry to my kids sporting events. My weekends are consumed by tournaments and we can be there for more than 6 hours sometimes. This bag has it all!
2. As a fan of the classics, in particular Jane Austen and her romance novels, do you like the movie versions of her books? If so … which one is your favorite?
I love the book but I can curl up in my PJs with a cup of coffee and watch Pride & Prejudice all day. Love It!
3. You keep referencing your love for coffee and that you drink more than you should .. how much DO you drink in a day?
Well I do drink way too much! I used to have a 12 cup coffee pot and let’s just say that I maybe I have had the whole pot before 12 noon. Now I have a Keurig and I drink about 4 cups a day or maybe more…. I seriously love coffee!
4. Your family has a strong sense of identity which I greatly admire. Are your children bilingual?
They continue to learn to speak spanish. They for sure can understand what my husband I are talking about when we speak spanish. I hoping they catch on to it but they seem eager to learn.
5. I love that you ask your children for permission and input before posting anything about them online. Is there a post you wrote that they didn’t approve of and you had to not publish?
I recently wrote a post about my middle schooler and his counselor “Notre Dame…Why Not?” He did not want me to write about it but we had a discussion about it and he gave me the green light. I really felt it was an important topic to discuss.
6. A couple of months ago you said one of your blog goals was to receive a sponsored post. Has that happened yet?
YES!! I accomplished one of my goals. I am going to be doing a giveaway and sponsored post on Pam cooking spray. I use Pam and it’s a great recipe and all of you need to check it out and enter my giveaway. I know…. shamless plug…..:)
7. I had the pleasure of meeting Aarón Sánchez at an NFL game. I love his twists on traditional Mexican food. If you could spend one day with any chef on Food Network who would it be?
Rachel Ray! I know she doesn’t really cook mexican food but I love her stories related to food. Her recipes are really doable and she loves food. I love food too!
8. My daughter is going through the troublesome threes. She is memorizing the time out corner very well. My husband and I differ on our discipline techniques. Do you and your husband agree on how to discipline your boys, or have you had to make compromises in regards to your parenting style?
For the most part I would say yes. At times we need to sit down and discuss how to approach different situations but overall my boys are pretty good.
9. Snickers, Kit Kats or Skittles?
Snickers and Kit Kats and Skittles.. I love chocolate and candy. Its a bad habit.
10. Most everyone that has been participating in AAF knows that I put ketchup on my homemade tacos. You come over for taco night. Do you try it or shudder at the thought?
I’m not a ketchup person and don’t like the smell. When I wash the dishes I sometimes gag at the smell. So I would have to pass on the ketchup…but not the tacos!
Thank you for stopping by and now go meet Lanaya at Raising Reagan.
<!– end InLinkz script ?