For those of you who aren’t familiar with #AskAwayFriday it’s an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday…the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
Our co-hosts for the month of November are amazing so check them out!
Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing! She’s been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it’s been around I believe, which is pretty impressive! She’s become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I’m super excited she’s moving to the East Coast!
Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we’ve really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!
And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt’s Family…she’s a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she’s become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday! She’s always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!
Okay, now that we’ve met everyone I’m going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK. Enter into the Holiday Nail Polish GIVEAWAY!!! There are 3 prizes (so 3 times the chances to win!) and they are all awesome!
I’m so excited to introduce Stephanie Rufa from “So I’ve Been Thinking.” I met her at a blog conference in Dallas and she truly is such a sweet person. We had so much fun getting to know each other that weekend and she accepted to do this with me. After Bloggy Boot Camp, I was feeling a little overwhelmed, but then I read this “Figuring Out My Why” article from Stephanie and it all became clear. You too will love her!
1. You mention on your blog that you are blogging to chronicle your family’s journey. How did you chronicle your life before you started writing “publicly?”
I really did not have any way to chronicle our family’s journey – this is one of the reasons I started the blog. I try to remember funny stories or some of the everyday things that happened but I know that there are many I cannot recall. By writing “publicly” my boys will have a little piece of their childhood and hopefully one day when the have a family they will understand my craziness.
2. If you found yourself with an entire weekend by yourself, the laundry was done; Tom and the boys were busy and taken care of. You had meals all cooked for the upcoming week and you didn’t have to grocery shop. What would you do with your time?
I would probably call a few girlfriends and go get a massage, lunch or maybe some shopping.
3. If you had to choose to give up reading (for leisure) or listening to music, which would you choose?
I’d give up reading. I really enjoy music. I love listening while in the car, cleaning or just laying in bed.
4. Your boys are very involved in sports and as a result, so are you. Were you involved in sports prior to having children? Which ones or why not? Do you still participate in any sports?
I was not involved in any sports at all as a child. My parents worked a lot and we did not have the opportunity to participate in organized sports. I truly feel fortunate that my sons enjoy sports and that the family has the means to support this.
5. What is your “go to” easy, fast, healthy weeknight dinner?
One thing I always have on hand (fresh or in the freezer) is beans. It is so simple and fast and really not much work to it. You can create many simple dishes with beans.
6. You have been blogging for less than one year yet you would never know by visiting your blog. What are the three “must do’s” that you would suggest any new blogger do?
- Figure out your niche- I think it’s important to know what kind of blog you want to have and go with it.
- Be authentic- Be the real you!
- Socialize- Jump in on Social Media. Mingle and get to know other bloggers. You will soon find others that are willing to help and you build blogger relationships that way. One extra one – there is a lot of help on the web (google, blogs, You Tube) so the technical stuff will come to you.
7. One of my children has a “kiss pattern” and every time we kiss goodnight or goodbye we do it, do you have a routine for either or both of your sons that you do every day?
More of a bedtime pattern…..both of my boys will still ask me to tuck them into bed. Yes, even my oldest! They love for me to sit with them, stroke their hair and kiss them on the cheek. Then they tell me that they love me forever and I’m the best mom in the world. It really is the best part of my day!
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a princess, nurse or doctor. I became a teacher. Now I enjoy my jobs of being a SAHM and publisher!
9. You’ve been with your husband for 20 years, what would you say has been important in growing your relationship? Is there any one thing?
We were best friends before we officially started dating. I think that we communicate well each other and we both have a great sense of humor. We can always laugh.
10. What one piece of advice would you give your sons?
I seem to have a million pieces of advice for them! But if it were to be just one: Nobody who ever gave their best in something (i.e. family, school, sports) ever regretted it.